Check out our newest Youth M.O.V.E. video
Youth M.O.V.E Newsletters
Youth M.O.V.E. North Carolina
Youth/young adults who successfully complete the Young Adult Leadership Series are encouraged to join Youth M.O.V.E (Motivating Others through Voices of Experience), our statewide youth-led leadership group. In July 2010, North Carolina Families United, Inc, was officially sanctioned as the statewide chapter of Youth M.O.V.E and became a part of Youth MOVE National.
Youth M.O.V.E is a nationally recognized, youth-driven organization devoted to improving services and systems that support positive growth and development. The organization unites the voices of individuals who have had experiences in various systems including mental health, juvenile justice, education, and child welfare.
As the Statewide Chapter of Youth M.O.V.E, North Carolina Families United will promote the involvement of young adults throughout the state by
- Assisting young adults and agency partners with brining youth leadership development to their area
- Offering individual youth memberships to young adults interested in transforming systems (including mental health) while raising awareness and reducing stigma
- Improving youth involvement on decision-making boards at the local and state levels
- Uniting the voices of young adults through youth leadership development and expanding local chapters of Youth M.O.V.E in North Carolina
- Creating opportunities for peer-to-peer mentoring
For more information on starting a Youth MOVE Chapter in your area contact: Kyle Reece, Youth Coordinator at 336-395-8828 or Email: email@example.com