Your struggle is part of your story
North Carolina Families United is the Statewide Family Network and the State Chapter of the National Federation of Families.
NC Families United is a family support and advocacy organization for children and youth with mental health and/or intellectual and developmental diagnoses. Our mission is to:
- Link families to State and community partners for the purpose of improving the lives of children, youth, and families with emotional, behavioral, or mental health needs;
- Focus active attention on the unique strengths and needs of these children and their families by educating and advising policy makers, service providers, other advocacy organizations;
- Actively promote policies and procedures that serve the best interests of these children, youth, and their families through work with State and local officials;
- Actively promote, model and adhere to the values and principles of System of Care.
Services available for North Carolina families, family organizations, system of care sites, and family partners:
- NC Families United can help link families to services that include mental health, physical health, social services, and educational needs in their communities.
- NC Families United can work with local community family organizations to provide 501c3 mentorship, linkage to nonprofit small business associations, and support and help with local grant development to help grow local family organizations.
- NC Families United works with System of Care grantees to help bring Family Driven Technical Assistance to the funded project. We can help you construct your grant with family-driven input.
- NC Families United mentors and supports all North Carolina Family Partners. We encourage all Family Partners to join our bi-monthly group to discuss and develop the position of Family Partner. All Family Partners, Family Advocates and Parent Partners from all systems and agencies are welcome to join our group. NC Families United supports ALL Family Partners, Family Advocates and Parent Partners.
- NC Families United mentors youth transitioning into adulthood. We can provide one-on-one mentorship for youth struggling with mental health issues to get through school and into adulthood in their communities.
- NC Families United hosts an annual Youth Leadership Series. We train leaders of tomorrow today. If you are a youth ages 14-21 who has struggled with mental health issues and you want your voice heard, join our leadership group.
- Youth who have had mental health or behavioral challenges are encouraged to join Youth M.O.V.E. NC. Youth M.O.V.E. NC is NC Families United’s statewide youth leadership group.